VMware Cloud Community
Capnscarlet
Contributor
Contributor

Need ESXi Client Management Software

After installing ESXi on my server, I now wish to manage it and I am not quite sure what tool to use. I have read about "remote CLI", VMware Infrastructure Management Assistant and VMware VSphere Client. I am a little confused and would like to know which is optimum to use with ESXi?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chuck8773
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I would start with the VIC. You can get it if you open a web browser and point it to your ESXi host. Once installed connect to the ESXi host IP address with root. The default password is blank. Once connected you can click on users and groups and change the root password.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Charles Killmer, VCP4 If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander

If you are managing on ESXi client use vic(vmware vSpeher client).

you need to connet your ESXi host from remote windows machine using browser,from where you can download VIC and install it.

-@m!t

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
Capnscarlet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chuck8773. You were most helpful.

0 Kudos
Capnscarlet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @m!t. It worked.

0 Kudos
Chuck8773
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You are welcome. Please let us know if you need any further help. And please consider awarding points for helpful answers.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Charles Killmer, VCP4 If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".