VMware Cloud Community
JBLaplace
Contributor
Contributor

Migrated from VMWare Server 2 to ESXi 5.0.0 , 623860

Hello,

I have been using VMWare server for about a year and I'm now ready to move to a more enterprise version. I'm currently evaluating ESXi (through the Free version).

So far I have been very happy with the tools provided to migrate the VMs from VMWare Server 2 VM to ESXi and very please with ESXi in general BUT, I'm facing the following issues (in order of importance to me)

1. Can't get VM to start/stop with the system. This is my config... am I missing something ?? I waited and waited on reboots and no VM ever started.

2054210.png

2. When I create a new vKernel for Management in a new vSwitch using my secondary NIC the MAC address associated with the Management port is a VMWare generated MAC and not the physical NIC's MAC. This is unlike what I can see that was autogenerated in vSwitch0, Management Port by the installer where this one has the physical MAC.

3. I seem to loose the AD users I have manually added as ESXi admins (using Add Permission on the host) on reboot of the host. Additions are not persistent ??

Thanks for your help.

JB

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JBLaplace
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: Ok  I found this thread: http://communities.vmware.com/message/2010205 regarding the autostart problem....

JB

0 Kudos