VMware Cloud Community
landen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Latest ESX 3.5 patches cause Update Manager issues

I use the Update Manager Download Service to download and install patches via Update Manager.  I recently ran a UMDS download and export to get all the latest patches, which in this case would have included the newly release 3.5 patches.  Now when I use Update Manager to download the patches, I get a cryptic message "Cannot download patch definitions." I've done some investigating, and it looks like only one of the four patches actually gets downloaded (ESX350-201203405-SG), but if you look in the contents.xml file that comes along with the download, it lists all four.

350_patches.jpg

There appear to be some inconsistencies that may be causing my Update Manager issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
d33d0gg
Contributor
Contributor

You ever get this sorted? I know this is an older post, but I just ran umds to download latest patches (newer than 201206401-SG) and it will not download that last couple??

0 Kudos
Ethan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

p>Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Some hot fix require previous version & which should be install on your system .

first you need to install the available patches then recheck for updates it must be download .

"a journey of a thousand miles starts  with a single step."
0 Kudos