VMware Cloud Community
BLK000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing with Client CD/DVD Drive Problem

Hi All!

For anybody trying to install a VM via the client software over the network and trying to mount the CD/DVD via the VM console itself, in most cases this has failed for me and loads the DHCP before i manage to switch the CD/DVD on due to lagg (Gigabit Connection)

The work around for this is simple, go to the host machine via the Client (not the virtual machine, see picture) and then start the VM from their and click Connect CD/DVD. This will enable you to load a new OS from your machine without the error.

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I usually just let the VM start up, connect the CD/DVD/ISO and then press Ctrlaltinsert in the console to restart again, by then it will mount the install media first before trying a PXE boot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BLK000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Or you could just set the boot time delay to 2000 or above to make sure you can click the Connect CD/DVD in time!:D

0 Kudos
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I usually just let the VM start up, connect the CD/DVD/ISO and then press Ctrlaltinsert in the console to restart again, by then it will mount the install media first before trying a PXE boot.

0 Kudos