VMware Cloud Community
Chris_Goff
Contributor
Contributor

Infrastructure Update throwing a "...did not pass integrity check" error

I've been working with ESXi and I was trying to get the latest firmware update installed to fix the issue with license expiration and I was getting this error from the Infrastructure Update program:

Downloaded package's did not pass integrity check

I can see two updates available. Interestingly the size of the updates is displayed as -1.00MB. I have applied the license expiration fix patch manually, but I would still like to be able to use the automatic feature. Any ideas on what might be causing the error?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

Did you try, again, today? Maybe just a transient error with the update servers or mirrors??

0 Kudos
Chris_Goff
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried again on your suggestion. It is still giving me the same error message.

0 Kudos
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

You might try digging into your Windows profile and cleaning out the VMware Update Client Stuff. Looks like it stores stuff in:

C:\Documents and Settings
Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Client\

There's a packages directory under here that looks to contain all of the updates that you download - maybe cleaning out some or all of these directories would force the client to re-download the packages and take care of this error?

0 Kudos
Chris_Goff
Contributor
Contributor

That was a good idea, but after removing the packages I still receive the same error. I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VMware Client, same error. By any chance do you think this could be proxy related? I do run a proxy on the network. I haven't seen any options for changing proxy settings in the Client, I just assumed it pulled them from IE.

0 Kudos
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, it could be proxy related. The update client has an option for adding files from a local location - you might try downloading it off the VMware web site and doing it that way.

0 Kudos