VMware Cloud Community
Ruairi
Contributor
Contributor

How to set flow control on a vmnic?

Hi

I need a little help. I currently have a vSwitch with 6 uplink adapters. All these ports on the vSwitch are trunked. I am encountering a few issues as the network addapters are not all from the same manufacturer. They are from intel and broadcom. I have been told if I set the flow control to the same across all NIC's that this will sort the issue. I was wondering how to check the flow control settings and then change them to ensure they are the same? I am using ESX3i and VIMA to query each ESX3i host.

Thanks

Ruairi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
djciaro
Expert
Expert

Perhaps this will help you: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=1004089&sliceId=1

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
Ruairi
Contributor
Contributor

I am stille have trouble with Etherchannel across all six cards. When I remove the two broadcom cards from the Etherchannel group it works correctly. However when we add the broadcom adapters back in there Etherchannel fails to work. The default on the intel e1000 driver autoneg and flow control is on for both the RX and TX settings. I have looked on the broadcom default setting and these are the same. I am lost do I disable flow control on both i am not sure?

Regards

Ruairi

0 Kudos