VMware Cloud Community
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How many free ESX can I run?

I am trying out the free ESXi server right now but prefer to have a couple of them going for fail over. I tried to download another, thinking I might be given another code but was not given one. Should I be using the same license for as many as I'd like to run or something else?

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I believe you can use the same code as many times as you want

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
maishsk
Expert
Expert

You will be able to use as many instances that you have received licenses for (I think the Maximum was 999)
Maish

Systems Administrator & Virtualization Architect

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design
0 Kudos
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So, guessing you mean number of CPU's then. So any number of machines, up to 999 CPU's.

Now I'm curious, Is this guest CPU's or host/servers?

Mike

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

It would be hosts - ESXi and ESX are licensed per CPU -

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your discussion has been moved to the ESXi forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
rightfoot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perfect, sounds good, thanks very much. Now I know I can run multiple servers without issues.

Mike

0 Kudos