VMware Cloud Community
pretek
Contributor
Contributor

How do you put in the license on the ESXi Server to take it out of evaluation mode?

I am finding that the documentation leaves a lot to be desired. I can see the support info on ESXi but no way to enter the license that was e-mailed to me. ESXi documentation talks about accepting the license agreement but not how to enter it. Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - To modify the license you can use the VI Client and go to the configuration tab and select the license features -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
pretek
Contributor
Contributor

That option only shows the status. I've tried clicking on quite a few items on this page. What do I do to go beyond seeing what the current status is? I want to get it out of evaluation mode.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

That option only shows the status. I've tried clicking on quite a few items on this page. What do I do to go beyond seeing what the current status is? I want to get it out of evaluation mode.

No option to edit or change the license source?

0 Kudos
Formatter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is on the top right side under edit..

pretek
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. Depending upon the screen resolution and the size of the window, the edit links on the right hand side do not show up. This gives the impression that there is no way to edit the settings. User Interface design for web pages should have all selectable items that cause actions on the left hand side so users don't encounter situations where links fall off the right hand side of the screen.

0 Kudos
pretek
Contributor
Contributor

Maximize the screen or make sure you scroll to the right if you do not see the edit links in blue on the right hand side. Interface design request to put the edit links on the left hand side of the sub window for each section. Also, make sure you review what your options are before changing the open evaluation license to the more restrive non-paid license activation. many of your options shrink down to a smaller subset.

0 Kudos