VMware Cloud Community
OnnovdBerg
Contributor
Contributor

HP Management Agents not reporting hardware failure

Hi,

We're having some troubles with the stability of the HP Management Agents which are installed on serveral HP DL380 servers.The agent reports that all hardware components are working correctly but in real one disk failed. The Agents won't report that failed disk. When I issue the command "SERVICE HPASM RESTART" the agents are restarted and then the HP System Management Homepage reports the failed disk and SNMP messages are send to the HP Systemen Insight Management Server which forward the messages by e-mail.

Server HP DL380 G4

VMware 3.5 update 5

HP Management Agents 8.3.0

HP System Management Homepage v3.0.2.77

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this ?. Or does someone know how to schedule a daily service restart for the HPASM service ?.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If running 3.5 U5, wouldn't that require you to run the management agent version 8.4? And not 8.3..

Even with this installed, I think there're some holes regarding  the DL380G4 according to this matrix:   http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/vmware/supportmatrix/hpvmware.html

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
OnnovdBerg
Contributor
Contributor

Thansk for the reply Rubeck,

That version of the HP Management Agents is listed on the HP site under the DL380 G4 section for VMware 3.5. Update 5 in combination with the DL380 G4 is also listed on the HCL. We had this problem also on the DL380 G5 series where we encounterd a problem that not all hardware was listed when we installed the latest version of the HP Managament Agents. After we installed a older version of the agents all hardware was listed again. But it is quite strange that the hardware error is listed ok when we restart the HPASM service.

Kin regards,

Onno

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have to admit, that I never seen this issue with the agents.... 😞 Either they would report everything as expected or not reporting anything at all.... Sorry, that I cant be of more help.

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
OnnovdBerg
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone with an idea ???

0 Kudos