VMware Cloud Community
bkr1001
Contributor
Contributor

HP Integrated ESX3i and Disk/NIC Monitoring

We've got the HP packaged ESX3i and added this into our HP SIM environment. While it works fine and pulls information from the WBEM agents we're missing information in 2 crucial areas:-

Local hard disks

Network cards

With our current setup we'd get a SIM alert is a processor or memory module failed, but wouldn't be warned if a disk failed.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this reporting under ESX3i? I know ESX 3 had the HP Proliant Management pack, which did report on disk and NIC status, but that can't be installed on ESX3i (and was SNMP based, not WBEM).

Is it something that can be configured in ESX3i? Or is there an extra bit of software that can be installed? Or maybe some configuration we're missing on the SIM end?

Any suggestions appreciated. This deficiency is keeping us on ESX3, rather than moving forward to ESX3i, so it would be great if we can find a way to resolve it.

Thanks

Dave

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Dave, welcome to the VMware Community forums. HP SIM will only be able to see what is available on Configuration \ Health Status. What model of server are you using and did you use the HP specific install for ESXi?

0 Kudos
bpainter
Contributor
Contributor

Dave -

There is a ESXi option available with the HP Management Components bundled in. That's the one we are currently running in our environment.

bpainter

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

And what model of server is it?

0 Kudos
bpainter
Contributor
Contributor

They are HP ProLiant DL380 G5 servers.

0 Kudos