VMware Cloud Community
cooldroplets
Contributor
Contributor

HA cluster issue

Hi Guys,

Our HA cluster used to work without issue but right now its reporting configuration issues

1. Insufficient resources to satisfy HA failover

2. Unable to contact a primary HA gent

3. When i am trying to scan the iscsi storage adapter i get an error "Error during configuration of the host: Exec of command but reurned with non-zero status 2"

Production machines are running on these two esxi servers.

Please advise what should be my approach?

This is urgent, so help needed. Thank you.

I have already rebooted the Virtual center the only remaining option ins rebooting the esxi with cluster not working what are the option i have?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sounds like the Host the ESX Host where the primary HA Agent resides has a problem. I would disable HA in the Cluster Configuration and then after all Jobs of disableing are through Enable HA again. What Version of Virtual Center are you using and what Version of ESX. There been some fixes in the latest Updates Released for Virtual Center who provides the HA Agent for the ESX Servers.

Regards

Michael Haverbeck

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
0 Kudos
cooldroplets
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

Yes i wanted to disable and enable HA but will this cuase any downtime for my production servers. I know that the machines are independent and only udring HA when they will get affected. Can you confirm this please?

ESXi - 3.5 Update 4 (on both the machines in cluster, Build - 158874)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
cooldroplets
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michael,

Virtual center version - 2.5.0 build 104215. Thank you.

0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

You may want to verify that you have not allocated more resource than your hosts would be able to handle if you lost one.

e.g. if you have allocated 30GB of Ram on each host and only have 2 hosts . . if you lost 1. . . HA would not have enough resource.

Check reservations etc . .

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
depping
Leadership
Leadership

just reconfigure the hosts for HA or disable and enable HA on a cluster level. your vms will not be touched.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator | VCP | VCDX

-

Blogging:

Twitter: (*NEW*)

Available Soon: vSphere Quick Start Guide ()

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".