VMware Cloud Community
KedarWolf
Contributor
Contributor

Flash Player Audio Video Out Of Sync

Hi,

We have a ESXi 3.5 server with six Windows XP Professional instances on it. The server has 12 gigs of RAM and I believe 512 megs of video ram. Each XP instance as 1500 megs of memory allocated to it. The problem we are having is Flash videos are out of sync, the video lags behind the audio. I tried to find a way to change the allocated video ram in VMware Tools but couldn't find how to do it. Is this a limitation with ESXi 3.5 and VMware Tools or is there something I can do that might help?

Thank you ahead of time if you can help.

Peace,

KedarWolf.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

How are you accessing the XP workstations?

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
KedarWolf
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried accessing the XP instances in three ways. Remote Desktop Connection From an XP Pro machine, Remote Desktop Connection set-up on Ubuntu machines and opening up the console in VMware from the same XP machine. In all cases Flash videos are out of sync. I tried both Flash 9 and Flash 10 after using the Flash uninstall program from Adobe and in both versions it was out of sync.

Hope this clears things up.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Video is very difficult to deliver indirectly. There are thin client devices that have ways to deliver video, bypassing the RDP protocol. You can also try VMware View and PCoIP.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator