VMware Cloud Community
Tekoloshe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error Connecting ESXi

Hi,

I have a new installation of ESXi, I can ping the host and connect to the "webside" to download the VIC.

When I try to log into the server via the VIC i get the message: Error Connecting; VMware Infrastructure Client could not establish a connection with server "x.x.x.x"; Details: You do not have the permision to login to server "x.x.x.x"

Does anyone know why?

Do the ESXi Host and the VIC have to be in the same Networksegment?

If you need further information just let me know.

Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kooltechies
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

This means that you have the lockdown mode enabled. If you have lockdown mode enabled you will not be login through the VI client. You need to access the DCUI ( the initial screen that you get for configuring the root password and network information) and remove the checkbox and disable the lockdown mode.

Then connect the VI client to the EESX , this time it will work.

--- kooltechies (Samir)

P.S : Pls grant points if the answer is helpful/correct

Blog : http://thinkingloudoncloud.com || Twitter : @kooltechies || P.S : If you think that the answer is correct/helpful please consider rewarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kooltechies
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

This means that you have the lockdown mode enabled. If you have lockdown mode enabled you will not be login through the VI client. You need to access the DCUI ( the initial screen that you get for configuring the root password and network information) and remove the checkbox and disable the lockdown mode.

Then connect the VI client to the EESX , this time it will work.

--- kooltechies (Samir)

P.S : Pls grant points if the answer is helpful/correct

Blog : http://thinkingloudoncloud.com || Twitter : @kooltechies || P.S : If you think that the answer is correct/helpful please consider rewarding points.
0 Kudos
Tekoloshe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You!!!!!!

0 Kudos