VMware Cloud Community
denthorntan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi virtual machine hard drive problems

I am trying out ESXi and I need to built a win 2003 virtual server with four hard drives.

The build went fine and VM properties show four drives. Trouble is that on the machine the control panel only shows as having a C: drive with the properties showing all four virtual drives.

I have tried deleting and adding drives but they all show up as a property of the C: drive.

Could somebody please give me a nudge the right direction towards building four independent

drives ie C: F: G: H:? Many thanks,

Dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Formatter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem seems to be a virtual os problem,, If you know something of the mmc panel and the snap in for drive maintenance you can fix up the drives with that to get them going..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Formatter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem seems to be a virtual os problem,, If you know something of the mmc panel and the snap in for drive maintenance you can fix up the drives with that to get them going..

0 Kudos
Leafy911
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not quite sure what you could have done during installation, but why don't you just allocate one drive to the VM and then install Win 2003. After it has been installed you can just add the other three drives which win 2003 will pickup after a reboot or a rescan in disk manager in the OS.

Regards

Leafy911

(Dont forget you recieve points when you award points)

Regards Leafy911 (Dont forget you recieve points when you award points)
denthorntan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Brilliant, thanks to you both.

From within the VM

Computer ManagementStorageDisk management was the way to go.

0 Kudos