VMware Cloud Community
krishy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi performance

How many Virtual Servers I can host on Single ESXi 3.5 server and what about the performance of those virtual servers? I have 2NIC's and 2 Mirror RAID Drivers and 32 bit server.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It all depends on what workloads the VMs will be doing and what sort of physical resources your ESX server has - Troy's suggestion is a good starting point -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

not much information to go off. However, you will most likely run out of memory before anything else.

I would say look at 4 - 6 VM's per core

....but the true answer is "it depends"

weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It all depends on what workloads the VMs will be doing and what sort of physical resources your ESX server has - Troy's suggestion is a good starting point -

0 Kudos