VMware Cloud Community
hewittscooter
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi cannot find MSA1510i iSCSI target

I have a very very basic test config Running ESX Server 3i 3.5.0 Build-110271. Hardware is HP Proliant DL380 G5. vmnic0 10.0.0.52 (Management) vmnic1 192.168.0.5 (VMkernel)

MSA1510i Target iqn.1986-03.com.hp.storage.etc..... with an ip of 192.168.0.4 Access enables No CHAP on either side. Software initiator simply will not find the target.

I can ping the target. I can see the target using a seperate MS windows box running MS initiator. Like I said this is a test enviroment so I will try anything. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

Are there any messages on the iSCSI controller side indicating a connection attempt?

0 Kudos
apatel1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi hewittscooter, vmnic0 and vmnic1 are not uplinking the same vSwitch (e.g. vSwitch0), are they? I would assume that you have at least two networks set up, so if they are both uplinking a single vSwitch, each uplink/pNIC is plugged into a different network segment, and that vSwitch has both the Management and VMkernel port groups on it (with IPs on disparate network segments), you will have connectivity issues.

Please help me out by awarding points for a "helpful" or "correct" response if you feel that it was useful!

-Amit

Please help me out by awarding points for a "helpful" or "correct" response if you feel that it was useful! -Amit
0 Kudos