VMware Cloud Community
Helpuser777
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi Server connection problem !

Hi,

I have installed ESXi server on a new Dell Desktop. I had some issues with a on-board NIC. But when I plugged in a compatible NIC it was OK.

Then I downloaded the VIC and I could connect and create a Virtual Machine. Then I had to restart the server and when it came up it could not find an Operating System. Really interesting !!!!!! I don't know I may have tried to grab some storage which was allocated to the server itself ????? No idea.

I had no option but to reinstall the ESXi server again, hoping that everything would be OK. But for some reason I cannot connect to the server anymore !!!!! :smileyshocked:

I have spent about 2 days trying to figure this out re-installing this many times. But all I get is : from the infrastructure client:

-

VMWare Infrastructure Client could not establish the initial connection with server "<IP>"

Details: Connection failure occured.

!file:///C:/DOCUME1/OSHANI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg!

-

From the bowser (Firefox)

Connection Interrupted !

-

If I do a telnet to port 902:

It connects to the vmware deamon. (But I don't know what this means regarding the issue I have)

-

Really appreciate if somebody can help me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

There isn't much someone can do to help. You haven't told anyone what hardware you are using. A desktop isn't going to be a supported platform in any case. I would take a list of your hardware and take a look through http://www.vm-help.com to see if others have found solutions to running ESXi on similar hardware.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
Helpuser777
Contributor
Contributor

What I thought was since it was working fine before the restart, HW compatibility is not an issue.

0 Kudos