VMware Cloud Community
nirb
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 3.5 U4 and DL 360 G6

Hello All,

I installed VMware ESXi 3.5 U4 on DL 360 G6 and installed windows 2003 std (scratch installation) as guest machine.

The problem if I'm restarting the host (the physical VMware machine) the VMware not starting.

I tried to do repair and he succeeded to repair the VMware but stayed on "Audit" mode and told me the he can't find the disks.

I tried this 3 times and got the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nir

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mvoss18
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
nirb
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that I can not access the datastore, so it's not solving my problem....

Any more ides?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Can you access ALT+F12 to view any possible errors.

What version of the p401i controller are you using? If this isn't production and you don't mind loosing the datastore can you delete and recreate the array?

Have you checked with the HP forums? Checked with HP support?

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
nirb
Contributor
Contributor

I found the problem - when I created the datastore I choose the defualt that takes the entire disk.... and this delete the ESXi OS while

the server is up and running!

It's bad design that this the default and the fact that you can delete the OS by mistake when the system is online!

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

That shouldn't happen as the datastore is a separate partition. You may have had a corrupt installation.

0 Kudos
nirb
Contributor
Contributor

I did 3 installations and got the same results on these 3.

It's happening for sure and you are welcome to try it on version ESXi 3.5 U4

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Do I assume then that you didn't accept the defaults when you installed and changed the partitioning layout.

0 Kudos