VMware Cloud Community
r_p_gonzales
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 3.5.0 on poweredge 1850 Dump

I have a PowerEdge 1850 with two Xeon 3.0GHZ processors and 3 GB RAM.

I have tried to install ESXI release build 3.5.0 (123629) i installed ESXI successfully i rebooted i see the startup script and then i see go to to download client tools however after a few minutes the server dumps and here is the first line of the dump.

Exception type 14 in world 2389:sfcbd@0x6738a7

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

sfcbd is part of the CIM health monitoring system. Are you running the latest BIOS? I'd also disable all components in the BIOS that you won't need. Do you consistently have a few minutes before the host PSODs?

0 Kudos
r_p_gonzales
Contributor
Contributor

I have the latest bios from dell. I will try disabling unneeded properties. Yes it is always the same amount of time before psod.

This message was sent using a Palm Treo. Please excuse any abbreviations or spelling errors.

0 Kudos
r_p_gonzales
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone out there experiencing this issue PSOD if so let me know. I have tried to disable unneeded functions in BIOS. Swaping RAM. and reinstall on SCSI configuration on RAID and still get the PSOD....I will reimage my machine today since i have no solutions.

0 Kudos
r_p_gonzales
Contributor
Contributor

What i hav edone is disable RAID and just use SCSI i installed ESXI once again and wow it works. I installed a new NIC and back to PSOD. I will remove the nic and see if it is steady.

0 Kudos