VMware Cloud Community
kristiaan_d
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI Server Express Update Build Number

hi everyone, just wondering if someone can help me out a little, i have just used the infrastructure client software to check for any updates etc for my ESXI 3.5 U2 server. its pointed out the updates that fix the VM reboot issue. so i went ahead and did the installation. but apon checking the help menu in Vic it still shows that ESXi has a build of 103909 not 100% but i am pretty sure this was the version number before the update. does this change or is my mind making this up?

just wondering as i am still a little worried about restarting my VM's at present just incase the do not start back up.

i have attached a screengrab of the about screen just to make sure.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kristiaan_d
Contributor
Contributor

OK i was right this seems to be more of a problem than i first thought, i have now checked the original faulty version was 103908 and mine is now on 103909. i have restarted one of the VM's to update the amount of memory it was using and now when i attempt to start it i am still getting the general error message coming up.... can someone help me please.

0 Kudos
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

Run the Virtual Infrastructure Update included in the VI Client package. My ESXi servers are at build 110271 and I do not have this error message. Also, check the Events tab on the ESXi host and see what events are occuring when you try to power on the VM.

0 Kudos