VMware Cloud Community
andreas190386
Contributor
Contributor

ESX3.5i HP Management Agents How to enable them?

hi all,

i have installed the esx3.5i U4 with the HP Management agents, but now I want to look on the Management Homepage and it doesn´t works.

Hope anyone knows how can I enable them. because I see the point restart management agents, but i am not able to connect via web browser to

br

andreas

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Evening,

I know this is probably a silly question but what model HP are you running ESX 3.5i with the HP Management Agents on?

Kind regards,

Glen

0 Kudos
andreas190386
Contributor
Contributor

hello glen,

i downloaded the last ESX3.5i Version with the integrated HP management agents. The HP Model is a proliant DL 365 G1

best regards

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Evening,

Depending of the model of DL365 G1 it may not be supported with ESX 3.5i. The quad-core's are on the supported list whereas the dual-cores are not. This is not saying they will not or should not work, but perhaps something to consider.

I have noted that ESX 4i is supported with both processor options. Are you able to install this version of ESX and confirm that the HP Management Agents work?

I will check around work tomorrow as I'm sure we have some DL365's (dual-core) about to test as well. I know we have some DL385 G1's which are basically the same machines.

Kind regards,

Glen

0 Kudos
andreas190386
Contributor
Contributor

hy,

yes, i have tried to install esx4i, but when i install the agents there, because i han´t found a package of esx4i where the agents are included, i´ll always get the message that there is not enough space to install the agents, but i will install the esx4i again, maybe there it gives a easier and a supported option Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ooops, you are right. I should have checked the HP website before opening my mouth of this one.

I will revert to plan A and check on a DL365G1 we have at work to see if the HP Management page comes up. Sorry for the hassle and run around.

Kind regards,

Glen

0 Kudos
andreas190386
Contributor
Contributor

so I think it is not possible at the moment to get esx4i with supported agents or?

br

andreas

0 Kudos
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well Andreas,

the so called HP Management Agents as you probably know them will never be installed on any ESXi Version.

The only way to use the HP Management Agents is to use the so called ESX or Classic Version as I call them.

When you Install a ESXi Server with "HP Agents" in the ISO as you can download it from the VMware Website is

a optimized Version of the ESXi Server that will show Hardware Informations in the VI Client Configuration

Health Check Tab better or more detailed then a ESXi Version without the HP Agents.

You will only get all Hardware Informations out of Virtual Center/VI Client and you will not be able to use the

Regards

Mike

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The management agents in ESXi are CIM modules not the traditional management homepage. The CIM modules are much like SNMP agents in that the collect information from the host. You need a client tool to communicate with the CIM modules. The ESXi client is able to connect to the CIM modules. Unfortunately your server is old enough that the CIM modules do not display very much information.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
andreas190386
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you guys for your help I thought I can install the agents like in the normal ESX version!

0 Kudos