VMware Cloud Community
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX free or evaluation?

Hi Guys

I have build up a test environment of ESX server as i do not want to play around the production ESX.

when i had downloaded the ESXi 3.5 U4 , it was clearly showing "free download" but i noticed just now after few days that my VC client shows the ESX host as the "Evaluation ( 36 days remaining) "

Is it free ? or what will happen as i got 3 VM servers running on it ?

many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

when you registered for the download, you should have been provided a license key. You will need to add that key to your licensed features and the evaluation copy will become licensed for free.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

when you registered for the download, you should have been provided a license key. You will need to add that key to your licensed features and the evaluation copy will become licensed for free.

0 Kudos
jamesrpt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You should have recieved a key. Just go to the configuration tab and towards the bottom you will find a section about licensing. add your key in and it will be active with the features allowed for the free esxi.

James

weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ESXi is free but you will need to register to obtain the license key -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
paquay_eric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

It's free ... to test during few days !

You've 36 days remaining, and during these you can do whatever you want, then you'll get 14 days of Grace Period, where you won't be able to add any other host to your inventory (or modify a cluster).

And after the grace period expires, everything will keep working ! BUT ... you won't be able to POWER ON any VM if you start or restart it !

Eric

0 Kudos