VMware Cloud Community
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor

ESX GUI and NAS - 2 sep issues

Guys

1- I am a dummy in linux especially command's perspective, how can I get the GUI or web access to administer ESX, i can see my esx host web page but there is no link to log in to web access in ESXi3.5 U4 ,

2- I got NAS ready and I want to attach with my ESX as a data store, when i go under Vi client to add storage , it shows "create a mount point first in ESX" , so i was thinking to use the GUI ( thats the above question for) but i managed to go in through SSH and tried to use esxnas-cfg and got the following error

Unable to Mount filesystem: The NFS server does not support MOUNT version 3 over TCP

I have snap server 2200

Could any one tell me whats going wrong, is my snap server too old and I cannot use with ESX ? and how to get GUI of ESX.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You really do not need to know inux to manage your ESX server but it can help since all administrative functions can be accomplished through the VI Client. The problem you are exepreincing with the NFS mount has to do with the version of NFS the NAS device supports. ESX is particular as to which version of NFS - ESX 3.xonly support NFS version 3.

Also please note Web Access is only used to manage VMs it can not be used to manage/adminnister your ESX Server-

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
malaysiavm
Expert
Expert

you can either access and manage the ESX hosts by using viclient through vCenter or direct access to ESX host. Both method will work.

Craig

vExpert 2009

Malaysia VMware Communities -

Craig vExpert 2009 & 2010 Netapp NCIE, NCDA 8.0.1 Malaysia VMware Communities - http://www.malaysiavm.com
0 Kudos