VMware Cloud Community
GFFG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deleting a Snap shot - Timout Error

Hi

Has anyone received this error before?

I need to delete the snap shot so I can migrate the powered off Vm.

If I Can't delete it , is there any harm in migrating anyway, the VC warns about errors when migrating, not sure if I can or should proceed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What size is the snapshot? VC has a fixed timeout after 15 mins, but the snapshot will still be commited and removed. This can take a long time, depending in the size! Check the Datastore for the Snashot size and wait until it disappears.

Regards,

Gerrit

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What size is the snapshot? VC has a fixed timeout after 15 mins, but the snapshot will still be commited and removed. This can take a long time, depending in the size! Check the Datastore for the Snashot size and wait until it disappears.

Regards,

Gerrit

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
bretti
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You should delete the snapshot before you migrate the VM. Best practice is to limit the lenght of time a snapshot is enabled. The sooner you get it deleted the better off you will be. :smileygrin:

GFFG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked right after the timeout via snapshot manager, and it was still there.

I checked this morning , a day later , and snap shot manager did not show any snap shots!

I migrated the machine, thank you for your help!

0 Kudos