VMware Cloud Community
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

DP35DP ESXi 82566DC

I have seen a few threads on the subject of 82566DC based network cards not being compatable

Does anyone worked out how to get this Nic working?

Is there a patch or a later version of ESXi on the way?

Is the only way to get ethernet on a DP35DP intel mother board to purchase a seperate card?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nick_couchman
Immortal
Immortal

What ESXi build are you running?

0 Kudos
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

The ISO I downloaded was VMware-VMvisor-InstallerCD-3.5.0_Update_3-123629.i386.iso which I was able to insall to a SATA attached 1TB drive.

As a temp mesure I have installed an Intel Pro 100 S card which the system recognises without issue.

I am also having problems with the SATA attached DVD drive. Although I installed the system with it. Once I try to create a new server the option is not there to use the local DVD drive.

So current items not working are

• On board Ethernet not recognised

• Sata Attached DVD drive not recognised

0 Kudos
microkid
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have the Intel DG33TL mobo which, afaik, has the same onboard nic. Since ESXi U4, the onboard nic is supported. So you could try U4 to see if your nic also is supported.

0 Kudos
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

Is U4 a patch new release? The Iso I used is still the current image on the website.

0 Kudos
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

OK read a bit more. I think it is clear that I have less than a weeks knowledge of ESXI.

So I am running U3 and could do with getting to U4

I can see that I can download this from

but it asks me to register with my serial which I am told is already redgistered

So is this ESXe350-200903201-O-UG - UPDATE what I'm looking for?

0 Kudos
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

OK read even more and it looks like this is the file (Please correct if I'm wrong)

But how to install it.

I can see from the notes that I need the VMware Update Manager but I can't find it.

Anyone got a quick guide to get me going?

0 Kudos
godavego
Contributor
Contributor

Finaly.....

Re install the VI client and found that I missed installing the upgrade tool.

Run the upgrade

Rebooted

Lost my datastore because it looks like it has finaly recognised my DVD drive

Followed the following link http://communities.vmware.com/message/1063338#1063338

All is well and every thing on my Inetl system is BON!

0 Kudos