VMware Cloud Community
kernelphr34k
Contributor
Contributor

Console Mouse Interfering with RDP Sessions on Win2k3

Hello All,

I found this thread: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/170036 which is the same issue I have been experiencing except with Windows 2003 x32.

Myself, or another admin will be logged into the console session of a VM. We will get reports that the mouse is moving on its own when someone is logged in with RDP.

After further investigation we found out that when someone is logged into the console, and someone is logged into the VM via RDP (no /console or /admin switches, different users too) we are able to move the mouse curser of the RDP user. We can reproduce this issue every time.

Environment Specs:

VMware Tools Version: 213532, 238493, 317866 (upgradeatpowercycle is set for all vm's)

ESX 3.5 317866

VCenter 2.5 build 227637

So, VMware, why are my console sessions and regular RDP sessions interfering with one another? They should be independent sessions!

Any suggestons?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

This isn't an official place to file problems. While VMware employees do frequent the forums you really should file an official Support Request with VMware.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
kernelphr34k
Contributor
Contributor

I was not sure if others were seeing this issue or not. Wanted to get feedback before I went the 'ofical' path to vmware support.

I think my enterprise support contract is running out and that's why I posted here first.

Thanks for the heads up DSTAVERT, I will have to file a ticket with vmware then.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos