VMware Cloud Community
Toranzo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuring a resource pool (licensing question)

Hello

I need help with this, please

Im installing 3 servers (4 ways each) along with the ESXi 3.5 enterprise version, and 1 server (2 ways) for the vcenter, my question is, Do I need 2 licences for each 4 way server and one Vcenter license for the 2 way Vcenter server, Im planing to use all the features within the Enterprise version such as DRS, HA, Vmotion, etc, do I need some extra licences for that, like a Vcenter Vmotion license or something like that ?

Thank you in advance.

Is my first time messing around with the licences.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

The new vSphere License has changed. So now the license is per. CPU ( up to 6 cores pr. cpu )

So you need: 12 Enterprise licenses. and 1 vSphere vCenter license

Vmotion, DRS and HA is a part of the Enterprise license. So no need for extra licenses.

Se more here-> http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/vsphere_purchaseoptions.html

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

The new vSphere License has changed. So now the license is per. CPU ( up to 6 cores pr. cpu )

So you need: 12 Enterprise licenses. and 1 vSphere vCenter license

Vmotion, DRS and HA is a part of the Enterprise license. So no need for extra licenses.

Se more here-> http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/vsphere_purchaseoptions.html

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos