VMware Cloud Community
namedpipes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Buying / Building server to run ESXi - Hardware compatibility

I need to buy or build a 64 bit server platform running Windows 2008/Exchange 2007.

I would like to run this on VMWare / ESXi for hardware independence.

Please direct me to a hardware compatibility list to ensure I don't wind up with a hardware configuration I can't use!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Here is a link to the official list form VMware - http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Here is a link to the official list form VMware - http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php.

0 Kudos
namedpipes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's the list I was looking for, so thanks for answering the question.

I don't find what I was hoping to on the list, sadly...

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

since it sounds like this is for production I would stick the official Hardware Compatability List (HCL) but another site to check is vm-help.com it is site detailing on how to get non-supported hardware to work with VMware -

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Is this hardware for production use? What is the budget and do you have any vendor preference? You can let us know general requirements and we will help you come up with top 5 vendors and models that best fit your needs but without general details you would have to quote from teh vendors and mention you want to run this with VMware vSphere and ESXi edition so it must be on HCL otherwise do not buy it yet. If its for a test environment, you have to many options that we can discuss. The HCL link should allow search for your hardware compatabilities for VMware products, so what are you looking for that doesn't seem to be listed?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos