VMware Cloud Community
gojensen
Contributor
Contributor

Buffer too small?

I can connect to our ESX 3i, 3.5.0, 153875 server just fine using the VMware Infrastructure Client (2.5)... but from my recently installed client when I try to connect to the console of any of the virtual machines it says

VMware VirtualCenter unrecoverable error: (mks)

D:/build/ob/bora-147633/bora/lib/string/str.c:192 Buffer too small

0x695b2d94

(and some text about log files and dumps)

Anyone stumbled upon similar problems?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
managedservices
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am encountering the same error on a user who has Windows 7 loaded. Not sure that is the issue though, as it worked prior to yesterday.

0 Kudos
gojensen
Contributor
Contributor

At first I thought it was the upgrade from Win7 RC to Win7 RTM that caused it... but I installed it on another Win7 RTM today and it works like it should there.

I'm now leaning towards something with .net as the original machine had several versions of .net installed whereas the new one was straight out of the box so to speak...

Still annoying, as I wouldn't really want to reinstall my workstation just to fix this.

0 Kudos
managedservices
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I don't understand why it worked find prior and then just quit..... I will post anything new I find, as I hope you do as well.

Thanks

TK

gojensen
Contributor
Contributor

And strangely enough late last night it started working again. To my knowledge nothing had been done except maybe a reboot of the desktop... oh well, I'm just crossing my fingers it doesn't stop working now :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
managedservices
Contributor
Contributor

Funny.... The exact same thing worked for us as well!!! Thanks for your input.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fatbobsufc
Contributor
Contributor

Bizarre... Exact same thing happened on Vista and a reboot fixed it!!

0 Kudos