VMware Cloud Community
impmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Asus DSBF-D12 with Dual Xeon e5410 Intel VT

I am having an issue installing a 64bit OS in the build in the title. I have VT enabled in the Bios and am still getting the non-compatible message when I try to install a 64 bit OS??

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

When you enabled VT did you power off the PC and then power it back on?, or did you enable it and just restart the PC. You must power it off fully and then back on for the VT change to work correctly.

Then create a VM with an x64 bit OS and it should work.

Carl

0 Kudos
impmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

it was already enabled when I looked, but just for good measure I shut off VT, shut completely off, cold started, re-enabled VT, shut completely off, cold started, booted esxi and still no go...

0 Kudos
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

Can you run the "Processor Check for 64-Bit Compatibility" app available here http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/drivers_tools.html and let us know the results?

Carl

0 Kudos
impmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

can i run this in a guest or do I need to install a host os on the system?

0 Kudos
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

The original app is for installing on the host OS to check x64 support.

Alternatively you can download the ISO () and boot the VM from i and let us know the results..

Additionally, and I quote "David.Mischenko","One thing to check is if paravirtualization is enabled. Bring up the settings for the VM, select the options tab and make sure paravirtualization is disabled."

Can you also now try and create a temporary new VM and install a x64bit OS in to the VM and see if this works?

Out of interest here is a VMware KB article regarding VT:

Hope this helps

Carl

*Please award points for helpfull or correct answers Smiley Wink

impmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

that iso fails and paravitualiztion is disabled.

This is frustrating. New build and can't even install a 64bit os........gunna check bios revision and maybe update that...

0 Kudos
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

mmmm, strange..., let me know how you get on.., anyone else got any pointers..?

Carl

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

In what way does this ISO fail?

0 Kudos
impmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Updating the Bios did the trick!

0 Kudos