VMware Cloud Community
sszago
Contributor
Contributor

Add second NIC on VM HOST

Hi,

I have just installed VM ESXi on a HP Server with one onboard NIC. I want on the VM HOST to run to VM machines on differrent networks. 1 NIC on 10.1.0.x and the second NIC on 10.4.0.x. So I physically installed another Linksys 1GB NIC.

How that second NIC must be appeared on VM HOST? Under VM HOST configuration there is only the vinic0.

There is any compatibility issue with the Linksys NICs and VM ESXi?

How do I have to proceed and add the NIC 1 to one vm machine the NIC 2 on the second VM machine?

What about default gateway on both NICs?

Thanks in advance

sszago

0 Kudos
3 Replies
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you clear you have install ESXi on VMware workstation of physical server ? and which VM host you want to map second NIC?

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Thanks

Satish Patel

• Journey toward "Virtual world"

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Thanks Satish Patel - Journey toward "Virtual world"
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

The HCL is here:

I don't currently see any linksys devices on the list.

-KjB

VMware vExpert

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
sszago
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi is installed on a physical server. TCP/IP address for ESXi is 10.1.0.7.

On this ESXi server I want a VM running windows 2003 to use the same physical NIC and have an TCP/IP adress 10.1.0.10 and another VM again running windows 2003 using the secondary NIC and having TCP/IP 10.4.0.17.

Thanks

sszago

0 Kudos