VMware Cloud Community
fgl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A lot of "browse diagnostic manager" messages

I don't know if anyone else are getting these messages but I just noticed that on all of my ESXi host when ever I go into administration and view the system logs the recent task panel starts to fill up with a lot of "browse diagnostic manager" messages and when I say a lot I mean a lot like in the thousands. It also fills the hostd.log log with Task Created : haTask-ha-host-vim.DiagnosticManager.browse-8375 and Task Completed : haTask-ha-host-vim.DiagnosticManager.browse-8375 messages.

Now I don't get these on any of my ESX host. Only on the ESXi host. BTW I'm on ESX 3.5 U3 and ESXi 3.5 U2.

Anyone have any idea on these messages are and how to stop them.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Innethart
Contributor
Contributor

I've been noticing these as well...

0 Kudos
michelb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

had a similar problem which was resolved by editing /etc/hosts file (open SSH console if you have enabled SSH on the host or edit it directly from the console using vi /etc/hosts) and removing all entries except for 127.0.0.1 localhost.....

then recreated the DNS and routing entries using the VI client and editing the configuration/DNS and Routing tab

hope this solves your problem too

0 Kudos
osolgar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

We have a similar messages, but only during we have deleted a snapshot, when the delete finished the messages stopped

Thanks

0 Kudos