VMware Cloud Community
neptune19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

64-bit apps not converting from VMware Server Console to ESX3i

Hi,

Due to performance problems, we are trying to convert a machine from VMware Server Console 1.0.4 to VMware ESX Server 3i, using VMware vcentre converter standalone client 4.0.1, but it is failing with the response "the destination does not support 64-bit guests".

We think that ESX3i does support 64-bit machines - there is an option to create one if we were to start from scratch.

We also tried directly importing via the "Import a virtual appliance" option on the 3i server itself, but it expects an ovf file rather than an ova file, and as a result we get a "System out of memory" exception.

Can anyone recommend the best method of converting a 64-bit machine?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - Yes ESXi does support 64 bit VMs but you need to make sure the hardware ESXi is installed on supports 64 bit by confimrining in the ESXi server BIOS that VT iand 64 bit s enabled

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - Yes ESXi does support 64 bit VMs but you need to make sure the hardware ESXi is installed on supports 64 bit by confimrining in the ESXi server BIOS that VT iand 64 bit s enabled

0 Kudos
neptune19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply - I am delighted to confirm that it worked!

Thanks again,

Paul

0 Kudos