VMware Cloud Community
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

32 bit questions

Was there ever a 64 bit version 3.5 ESXi Build 110271? How can I tell what bit version do I have.

If the version I installed was a 32 bit and my hardware was capable of 64 bit, what performance did I give up? I do understand about the basics of 32/64bit computing, but not sure the impact of ESXi.

We finally attempted to install windows server 2008 with 64 bit and ran into some problem.

Thanks,

tnt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

There was no 64-bit ESX released before vSphere 4. So there is no doubt that you are running a 32-bit OS.

Regards,

Aravind K

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

Regards, Aravind K If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

There was no 64-bit ESX released before vSphere 4. So there is no doubt that you are running a 32-bit OS.

Regards,

Aravind K

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

Regards, Aravind K If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

no since version 4 ESX(i) it is fully 64Bit.

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As the others have pointed out ESX 3.5 is 32 bit - you really have not given up anything sinc ethere is not a 64 bit verion of ESX 3.5 - with vSphere you do gain an improvement in perfomrnace - but remember even though ESX is 32 bit you can host 64 bit guest VMs -