VMware Cloud Community
mnemonicator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

2 independent servers restarting, why?

Hi all, i'm novice in ESX 3.5i and today i'm find out that 2 servers DELL PowerEdge 2950 which is hosts ESX 3.5i was restarted and actually i don't know why?

may be some schedule job?

any idea?

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You resystem connect with any UPS or automatic APC UPS ? if both reboot at same time then might be related to power. you can also debug log how this heppend.

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Thanks

Satish Patel

• Journey toward "Virtual world"

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Thanks Satish Patel - Journey toward "Virtual world"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums!!!

Can you please refer to logs under /var/log ?

If you have purchased support from Vmware please call them and explain to the engineer your problem, he will request you to upload the log files and then he can do his RCA (Root cause Analysis)

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
mnemonicator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No we didn't buy a support, strange but all logs starts since today at 00:51 for both servers ?:|

May 7 00:51:11 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.2.1

0 Kudos
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You resystem connect with any UPS or automatic APC UPS ? if both reboot at same time then might be related to power. you can also debug log how this heppend.

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Thanks

Satish Patel

• Journey toward "Virtual world"

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Thanks Satish Patel - Journey toward "Virtual world"
0 Kudos
mnemonicator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm just check 3rd server it's not host VM, but it's also was rebooted, looks that really something happen with power or anything else, i'll check this.

thank you.

0 Kudos