VMware Cloud Community
PRP1445
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

2 ESXI Server and 1 Storage

Hi

I have 2 ESXi Server (HP) and 1 Storage (Promise VTrackE610F). Is it possible to put both Server on one storage and one partition? ESXi should be used on the storage.

Do I have to follow any important and necessary steps? Does anyone have any experience in it ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Goodspd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

As already been told the best to do it's install ESX in the internal disks of each server and then share a LUN between the 2 servers, just formate the datastore in one server and do a rescan on the other node.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean here. You should probably install ESXi on the local disks of each server and connect a LUN on the shared storage to both hosts and format this as VMFS. You then store your VMs on this storage

0 Kudos
Goodspd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

As already been told the best to do it's install ESX in the internal disks of each server and then share a LUN between the 2 servers, just formate the datastore in one server and do a rescan on the other node.

0 Kudos
PRP1445
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks so far. Jep, ESXi is installed on both of the servers (on a local disk).

But is it possible to put all of my servers (2 at the moment) in only one partition or do I better have to create more partitions? What wouldnt be very advantageous (to create more than one partition) ?? ?:|

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes you can put multiple VMs one one LUN. Dont put too many on there though otherwise you will suffer disk contention. No more than around 15 depending on how fast your storage is.

PRP1445
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok thanks, so we gonna try it Smiley Wink

0 Kudos