VMware Cloud Community
JiminyNZL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcbmounter - force mountpoint overwrite/delete from CLI

I've just started using VCB, and found it easy enough to create a command line string to mount my VM images to a VCB server (what a great tool it is). However when I want to run the command a second time, the command fails because the mount point already exists.

Does anyone know of a command line argument that forces the existing mountpoint to be overwritten (or deleted)?

I note in the config.js file, there is a line PREEXISTING_MOUNTPOINT="fail" or "delete", which if set to delete would serve my purpose, but I would like to be able to set this per command.

(Using VMI3.5 for the record)

//Julian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GBromage
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jiminy!

Have you tried doing it in a shell script, and running an unmount beforehand? That's probably the safest way.

-

I hope this information helps you. If it does, please consider awarding points with the 'Helpful' or 'Correct' buttons. If it doesn't help you, please ask for clarification!

I hope this information helps you. If it does, please consider awarding points with the 'Helpful' or 'Correct' buttons. If it doesn't help you, please ask for clarification!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GBromage
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jiminy!

Have you tried doing it in a shell script, and running an unmount beforehand? That's probably the safest way.

-

0 Kudos
JiminyNZL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that works nicely.

Now that I think about it, that was a pretty obvious option - I probably should have thought of that myself. <sheepish grin>

0 Kudos