VMware Cloud Community
taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcbmounter command

hello,

can anyone help me to know how can we mount a group of VMs using vcbmounter commands?

one more question: if i need to mount one VM using file option and full option (-t full -t file) how can i do this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kipz
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

vcbMounter command is built to work with single VM at the time. if you want to mount multiple VMs you just need to run multiple vcbmounter commands in parallel.

you can't use full and file level mount options at the same time for a single VM. but while you have full image already mounted (actually copied) to proxy server you can use mountvm.exe utility to "open" VMDK files and read their content. it just creates new mountpoint and opens VMDK file under this mountpoint. many 3rd party backup applications are actually working this way and doing also file level backups during full image backups.

kaido

taou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for yr help,

can you please provide me the command to mount the full and file for only a single VMs.

the command with -t full -t file didn't work. any help

0 Kudos
kipz
Contributor
Contributor

as i said, you cannot use both -t full and -t file at the same time for a single VM. vcbmounter cannot do that. you have two options:

1) run vcbmounter -t full command, when done unmount this VM and run vcbmounter -t file command. this is time consuming as you have to run basically 2 backups sequentially

2) run vcbmounter -t full command, when done run mountvm.exe command to open VMDK file under new mountpoint, when done unmount filelevel mountpoint with mountvm.exe command, then unmount VM

kaido

0 Kudos