VMware Cloud Community
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcb not working after upgrading virtual center to 2.5

esx server is 3.5, virtual center is 2.5, vcb framework is 1.0.3

Ive upgraded virtual center and now im getting the error" cannot connect to host virtualcenter: no connection could be made because the target machine activly refused it.

Ive tried taking a step back and not to use the backup app so i can see the error from the command line. im using the following command

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework>vcbMounter -h virtualcenter -u user -p password -a ipaddr:testserver.com-r g:\backups\ -t fullvm -m san

Ive been looking over the documents/matrix and it looks like virtual center 2.5 supports both esx 3.5 and vcb 1.0.3

Ive done some reading and see the new vcb release 1.1 requires the port to be changed to 443 so ive even given this a go and tried using the new port... but no luck

vcbMounter -h virtualcenter:443 -u user -p password -a ipaddr:testserver.com -r g:\backups\ -t fullvm -m san

If i change the command to point to the esx server rather than virtual center and authenticate using root, then the command works fine, its only when i try to point it at VC.

Please if anyone can spot what im missing please let me know...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

1.0.3 isn't compatible with VC 2.5. You should install 1.1!

Duncan

My virtualisation blog:

76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the Reply, I looked at the Document i found and the Matrix suggested that vc 2.5 was ok with vcb versions 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.1. Any way i upgraded to 1.1 and this worked so i would say you were right. Thanks.

0 Kudos
nick_ratcliff
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed, compatibility matrix and vmware support say that 1.0.2, 1.0.3 are ok, as soon as we upgraded to 1.1 the problems we were getting stopped, and looking at the -L 6 output of running a vcbmounter command. The problems which we'd thought were SSL authentication related were bypssed as the later version had means to managed that negotiation.

Thanks anyway, useful article.

0 Kudos