VMware Cloud Community
tim5700
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter and 2 ESX hosts cannot browse datastore. One ESX host can.

Everything in the environment, except the ESX hosts, is running vSphere 4. I use a Compellent FC SAN. I was in progress of migrating VMs off an ESX host I was about to upgrade and one of the migrations failed. Upon further investigation, I found that the vCenter server could not browse the datastore that the VM resides in. The same goes for the other ESX servers. If I access vsphere client from ESX1 I can browse the datastore and see everything fine.

If I go to ssh, and run ls from ESX1 I can see the datastore and actually access it. If I ssh into any other ESX server and run ls I can see the datastore but it is displayed with a white/pink font symbolizing that it is am image.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello tim5700,

Have you checked if all the ESX host are configured to see the datastore. Only Hosts that have permission to access the datastore will see the datastore.

Regards,

Aravind K

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

Regards, Aravind K If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos