VMware Cloud Community
zamrota
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Operating System

Hi ALl,

We have a physical vCenter box managing three hosts. All hosts are connected to Storage box via FC.

We have some Hardware issue on vCenter Box. and as per Operating system recommnedations need to re-install the Operating system.

So my questions is if i re-install the operating system... do i need configure all the servers from scratch of it will take all the settings automatically.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
beckham007fifa

zamrota wrote:

Hi ALl,

We have a physical vCenter box managing three hosts. All hosts are connected to Storage box via FC.

We have some Hardware issue on vCenter Box. and as per Operating system recommnedations need to re-install the Operating system.

So my questions is if i re-install the operating system... do i need configure all the servers from scratch of it will take all the settings automatically.

Thanks.

no need for hosts, setting except for licenses, clusters and HA and DRS configurations( howerver HA will work for your existing configuration unless you are changing its identity with the new vcenter).

Vcenter installation and configuration you have to do on your own.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

You should take a backup of your vCenter SQL DB that you can import on the new installation. So you won't loose your Peformance statistics, and configurations done in vCenter.

Regards

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

Also make sure that you have any SSL certs backed up. And if you are using update manager on the server ensure you also have a backup of that database.

For both databases also make sure that you know the accounts used for the ODBC links.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos