VMware Cloud Community
frankL
Contributor
Contributor

unable to acquire licences

Hi,

I must change the port 27000 for the licenceserver, because an other flexDeamon use this port.

Now the Licence-Server run. He listen on 27008.

Where I can change the port in the Infrastructure Server. He seach on the old port.

thanks for help

Frank

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Where I can change the port in the Infrastructure Server. He seach on the old port.

Do you mean the ESX server or the Virtual Center server? The infrastructure server (Virtual Center) is the license server, most of the time.

If you search where the ESX server finds its license server go to the configuration tab and choose "License" in the "Software" box.

Click on "Edit" nest to the "License Source" on the right side. Add the port behind the license server address (vcserver.something.somewhere:27008 for example)

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. Thanks!!

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
frankL
Contributor
Contributor

I will add a new Host. And there I became the error. Than I would change the values in Administration/VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration.../Licence Server.

There the Checkbox Use licence services on this virtualCenter Server are checked.

I Try "use the following Licence Server" with server:27008. Now the Error There are not enough licences installed to perform the operation come up.

Its wrong manuall to change the port in the licence file ?

frank

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

I will add a new Host. And there I became the error. Than I would change the values in Administration/VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration.../Licence Server.

Do you mean "adding a new ESX host"? Sure that you have enough licenses left? You can create a report in the License Server which shows how much licenses are already used.

Where is you License Server installed? On the VC server? If so, doesn't "Use license services on this Virtual Center Server" work?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. Thanks!!

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
frankL
Contributor
Contributor

My Problem is solved,

I found a reg-entry for the path to the licence-server

http://HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMWare, Inc.\VMware VirtualCenter

"LicensePath" = "27000@localhost" changed to "27008@localhost" and it works.

thanks for help

Frank

0 Kudos