VMware Cloud Community
donlee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

trying to make sense of ESX patch list

Hello, suffering a bit of confusion about the patch list...

It appears that ESX 3.5 update 4 was released on 3/30/2009

It also appears that there are many other patches released on 3/30/2009.

Are these extra patches not included in the update 4? what happened? Were there major bugs discovered immediatly after release? it just seems strange VMware would release a new major update to the media but not include all these updates within the release. how can I easily tell what patches I really need for a newly installed ESX 3.5 update 4 computer?

right now I dont have the resources in place to setup the patch management solution I just want to get the updates I actually need and install them. Maybe VMware could label patches as "post update 4 fix" or something like that so we know what is actually needed? maybe I am making it harder than it really needs to be, any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Those patches are incldued in Update 04. If you look at update04, you will see that those patches are includes in the patch list that update04 provides. You will also see that they are the same build number.

-KjB

VMware vExpert

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Those patches are incldued in Update 04. If you look at update04, you will see that those patches are includes in the patch list that update04 provides. You will also see that they are the same build number.

-KjB

VMware vExpert

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
donlee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks I will just download the update 4 media and install it.

0 Kudos