VMware Cloud Community
azerrad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sysprep file location+free space

hello,

1) i made a template (win2003 server image) ,and i already made a sysprep file for mini setup ,how can i tell to vmware (template) to use this sysprep every time that i deploying new machine from this template ? (where is the window\field that i need to inseret this sysprep file to the vc)

or maybe i just need to install windows 2003 then to click on sysprep file and only then to convert it to template before the restart ?

in my sysprep file there is anything special just sid renewal.

2) when i am clicking "df" command i can see that partition sda3 is using 98% from disk,how can i now which files i can to delete to free more space ?

respectfully,

avi azerrad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Page 203 of the VI3 Admin Guide is where this information is begins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jsintz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When you go through the "Deploy Template Wizard" the section after you choose your storage will be the "Select Guest Customization Option". On that page select "Customize using an existing customization specification" and choose your previously created file.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Page 203 of the VI3 Admin Guide is where this information is begins.

0 Kudos
Nautilus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

First you do not need to sysprep your template. I read you are using Virtual center, just copy the sysprep.exe and rest of the files to your virtual Center, in the path

for example c:\Programme\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter 2.0\resources\windows\sysprep.... os type

when you want to deploy a new Virtual Server, just click on yout template and "deploy server from this templete, some steps later you can choice sysprep this one, and go....

2) when i am clicking "df" command i can see that

partition sda3 is using 98% from disk,how can i now

which files i can to delete to free more space ?

sorry but i dindt understand this problem.

respectfully,

avi azerradhello,

1) i made a template (win2003 server image) ,and i

already made a sysprep file for mini setup ,how can i

tell to vmware (template) to use this sysprep every

time that i deploying new machine from this template

? (where is the window\field that i need to inseret

this sysprep file to the vc)

or maybe i just need to install windows 2003 then to

click on sysprep file and only then to convert it to

template before the restart ?

in my sysprep file there is anything special just sid

renewal.

Kind regards Nautilus ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
saltyhacker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you are trying to find out what files are using up space in your ESX partition after using df to see the partition utilization then cd to that mounted partition (ie. cd /boot) and issue a du -k *.

This will show you the size in kib of each file and folder. That will allow you to drill down into each folder and find where your large files/folders are.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos