Exception HResult 0x8004012C

thanks

D.

0 Kudos
dwharam
Contributor
Contributor

I got this resolved w/ tech support

I had the need to modify the services.xml file for the firewall. I decided to make a backup of services.xml, which I called services.xml-orig. I then made my change to services.xml.

When I ran service mgmt-vmware restart, I realized that I couldn't ping my VMs and couldn't VIC to my ESX box.

the tech, said there was a bug. when mgmt-vmware is restarted, it reads ALL the files in the firewall directory not just the services.xml. so it read and processed by services.xml-orig also.

I removed this -orig file restarted mgmt-vmware, same problem. It turns out that services.xml was corrupted. I replaced with a file from another box. mgmt-vmware restart, and everything came back up.

thanks

D.

0 Kudos
wcrahen
Expert
Expert

Thanks for posting the solution, that would certainly explain what I have experienced as well.

0 Kudos
dtux101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sometimes tis occurs when the windows machine name is changed and the VC database is msde - in this case change the name back to its original and restart VC service.

0 Kudos
AWild
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sir, Did you get any resolution to your Exception: HRESULT: 0x8004012C ???

We are getting same.

Thanks for any reply - 'Alan

0 Kudos
AWild
Contributor
Contributor

Solved... the error is a general "not available" error. We had fiber issues which caused the disconnect.

'Alan

0 Kudos