VMware Cloud Community
techirag
Contributor
Contributor

script for to check all nics in VC

Can somebody helps me in writing scripts to checks all ESX nics in VC ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
techirag
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5

0 Kudos
fordian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you have vMA VM or PowerCLI installed ?

techirag
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I'm new to scripting..

I have installed RCLI.. through RCLI is it possible? I have used the RCLI script which was working but now it is not working..

If it is possible in powershell I will install but I have ZERO knowledge on this.. I'm very interested in scripting I need to autoamate so many things in my Infrastrucure..

Tell me through we can implement this?

1.Nics status

2. HBA status

3. Performance report fecting from all ESX hosts

0 Kudos
techirag
Contributor
Contributor

If u guide me I can do this please

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can take a look at this report which captures quite a bit information about your VMware environment including some of the things you're looking for: . Performance stats aren't as detail as the data required may vary, though all of this is scriptable using any of the available vSphere SDK's that are available.

I would suggest that if you're new to the VMware API/SDK's that you spend a good amount of time going over this document: Depending on what you're familiar with and the platform of choice, that'll dictate the language in which you choose to write your scripts in.

There are also a lot of scripts already written to variety of tasks using various toolkits: vSphere SDK for Perl, PowerCLI, VI Java,etc. You may want to check out Developer Forum and Code Sample Repo

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos