VMware Cloud Community
kpawelk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problem with adding second node to HA

Hi All,

I have ESX 3.5 evaluation version. I already setup HA on first node, when I try add second node VI show me on summary tab on this machine red question mark and there is a note:

- An error occurred during configuration the HA Agent on host

- HA agent on 192..... in cluster in ... has an error.

and there is an error on group HA:

- Insufficient resources to satisfy HA failover on cluster

I understand the 'Insufficient resources to satisfy HA failover on cluster' but what could be a reason of two first errors?

Regards,

PAwel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Could be a DNS issue. The 2 ESX servers may not be able to communicate with each other which is a requireement for the cluster to work correctly. Try updating /etc/hosts on both ESX servers with the IP addresses of each server. Alternatively check there is a DNS server in the DNS domain in which both of your hosts reside and check there is an A record for both servers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Could be a DNS issue. The 2 ESX servers may not be able to communicate with each other which is a requireement for the cluster to work correctly. Try updating /etc/hosts on both ESX servers with the IP addresses of each server. Alternatively check there is a DNS server in the DNS domain in which both of your hosts reside and check there is an A record for both servers.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would also add to confirming that DNS is configured properly and you can resolve by FQDN - make sure your VC environment also is configured for DNS - that you addwd youe hosts to vc via FQDN and you can resolve your ESX hosts via DNS form your VC server as well - and also make sure DNS is configured approriately on your host including FQDN is defined correctly

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
kpawelk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

many thankf for John(retonj) and weinstein5,

that was the issue. After updating /etc/hosts and A record on DNS, there is no problem with HA nodes.

Thank You

Pawel

0 Kudos