VMware Cloud Community
marvinthebassma
Contributor
Contributor

pegasus error after update IBM x3650 from ESX 3.5 Update 1 to ESX 3.5 Update 2

Hi,

we have updated 2 IBM x3650 from esx 3.5.0 update 1 to update 2.

During the reboot we now see again pegasus install_queue problems. Under /var/pegasus/vmware/install_queue you can see 5 directories and the error on

install queue 1 looks like this :

Installing MOFs...

/var/pegasus/bin/cimmof: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by /var/pegasus/lib/libpegcommon.so.1)

Failed to set DefaultNamespacePath.

Compiling roleauth-schema.mof into root/PG_Interop

/var/pegasus/bin/cimmof: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by /var/pegasus/lib/libpegcommon.so.1)

Compiling omc-smash-interop-schema.mof into root/PG_Interop

Compiling identity-schema.mof into root/cimv2

Compiling omc-smash-ipmi-schema.mof into root/cimv2

Compiling omc-smash-schema.mof into root/cimv2

Compiling roleauth-schema.mof into root/cimv2

Compiling vmware-schema.mof into root/cimv2

Compiling config_schema.mof into root/config

Installing Configuration instances.

MOF Compiling /var/pegasus/vmware/install_queue/1_files/mofs/root/config/config_ipmi.mof

MOF Compiling /var/pegasus/vmware/install_queue/1_files/mofs/root/config/config_pegasus_instances.mof

As a workaround it did the following :

- deinstalled the IBM director agents

- restarted the pegasus service. It started successfully and removed the install queues.

- reinstalled the IBM director agents.

- reboot server and everything seems to be fine.

Does anyone have an easier way to solve this ? Or does anyone see this issue too ?

Martin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marvinthebassma
Contributor
Contributor

Me again :

I found another workaround ... after rebooting with Update 2 I simply stopped the Director agents with twgstop and restarted the pegasus service. This worked.

But I don't know why it didn't work on reboot.

Martin

0 Kudos
halibut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing this same issue without the installation of the IBM Director service. x3650 M2 servers anyone hear or know what the issues might be?

"/var/pegasus/bin/cimmof: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by /var/pegasus/lib/libpegcommon.so.1)"

0 Kudos