VMware Cloud Community
himal1
Contributor
Contributor

new virtual machine create

hello

I just finished installing ESX 3.5, but I cannot create the virtual machine. Everything is dimmed out

I logged in as root and with password ?

Any suggestions

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Have you installed your license file or confirmed that the licensing is set to evaluation -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
himal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

where is the license file ?

I downloded the eval version , I don't know about licnese line

where can I get that ?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I am assuming you have VI Client installed - login in as root - and select the configuration tab - on the left hand side under software you see a an option for licensed features - insure that the evaluation mode is set and the license features are enabled -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
himal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

my one still takes 15 min to load in Vmware Workstation 6.5

I also disabled the debug mode

I still have ipMi_si : unable to find any system interfaces and other error

My machine is Quad Core AMD with 5 GB memory and has SATA hard drive....

this is where the timeline is

7:38 Started ESX 3.5 server

7:42 Starting VmKstart

Startting Vmware ESX Server Servies

7:44 ipMi_si failed

7:46 you are at screen where it says - the ip address to acess and prints Alt F11 to access root command prompt

( so till here it took 8 min )

Then you press : Alt F11 to get the root prompt, as unless and untill below process finishes, you cannot access the interface

Pressed Alt F11

7:51 Still the process or line saying " processing /var /pegasus/vmware/install_queue/1 going on : 7:54 failed

7: 54 Still going on Processing /var/pegasus/vmware/install_queue/1 going on - for second time

(( at this point, as I mentioned earlier - I even tried to get connected from Infrastructure Client - it failed )))

(( so looks like - untill and unless, we are able to get root prompt - you cannot connect it......))

and above pegasus step/process taking much time........what is going on here ????

7:59 finally got root prompt

8:00 Still not able to get into Infrastuire client - and I think this is due to Firewall, it takes some time to complete its own internal stuffs - I mean ESX 3.5 's firewall

8:05 now able to connect from VI client.

So, why it took this long ?

Also when I checked the system in VI interface, I see only 1 CPU, but, my ESX server is being assigned as 2 CPU ???

0 Kudos