VMware Cloud Community
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

network issues after DRS

Hi,

We seem to have this weird issue with some of the servers when they use vmotion. The server moves from server to server without any issue but when it completes the move the server drops off the network. when you check the server all settings look ok. To resolve this issue I have to change from production network connection to a seperate test netork connection & then switch it back!!. After this everything jumps back into life.

Anybody come across this before?

Thanks

Phill

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

Haven't seen this my self. What version is it u are running on ? Are the Vmtools up to date ?

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
paulplatypus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does this happen when you manually vmotion the vm?

0 Kudos
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for the replies.

ESX 3.5

VC 2.5.0

VMtools 3.50 build 123630

does this happen when manually using vmotion? not sure. I think this has happened whilst doing a cold migration & DRS

Thanks

0 Kudos
paulplatypus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Silly question but are your port groups and vlan ids exactly the same name?

0 Kudos
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yep, all names are spelt the same & vlan id's are all correct

thanks

0 Kudos
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

problem is still ongoing but i have manged to find out that if if try to ping servers that are all on the same vswitch then i receive a response but if i try to ping machines out of the vswitch i get no response. If i try to ping from a server not on the vswitch i also dont receive a response.

i have tried reinstalling vmtools on the servers but this has also failed. If you reboot the vm it still fails to get a response from a ping, you have to power off the vm and power on. this only seems to be happensing on one host server.

any help much appreciated. this is driving me nuts!!

0 Kudos